Logan's Pregnancy

On the morning of January 20, 2016, i decided that it was long enough after my missed period to test. I was 21 days late but also didn't take my medicine until 10 days after my period was supposed to start. (I know a little more details that you want.) But, anywho. So I finished my 12 days of medicine and then 4 days passed. Which leaves us on Jan 20th.

When I got up that morning, Steven had already left for work so it was just me. Taking the test, it almost immediately showed "pregnant". My eyes filed with tears and I started to cry. With all the previous negative tests after missing a period I was not prepared for the results.

Since I did not have to be at work until later in the morning, I went and bought another test and headed to work. On my lunch break I took the test only to find it still said "pregnant". All day at work I was nervous and happy and it was hard to control my emotions without telling anyone.

Friday morning came and I was sick so I did not go to work. I called up the OBGYN's office and got an appointment. They had confirmed my pregnancy giving me a due date of 09/04/2016. I was super excited for that day because that is both my grandma's birthdays and my daddy's birthday. (Which the date is only a guess based on my last menstrual cycle, so it sometimes changes after an ultrasound.)

So at this time, I knew I was gonna tell Steven tonight.





 did not tell him immediately after I found out because I wanted to be sure. I planned it out all in my head of how to tell him. Here is what I thought up:
I bought a set of cute green one-sies, a little stuffed green turtle, a little stuffed white lamb, a set of 2 green/white binkies. My plan was to lay them all out on the counter in a creative way, maybe with a balloon, and place the two identical pregnancy tests with them. Included in there, I would have a little note that says something like "Hi Daddy. I can't wait to meet you. September 2016" As he would come inside the house, he would see it and I would be there to get pictures of his reaction. 
Okay, so I got most everything I wanted.....

Steven was not feeling the best that day but you could tell he was still super happy. Right after I had told him, we decided to tell my parents and then tell his dad, all the grandparents and siblings that next morning.


Announcing to Steven

Announcing to Steven

Steven's Reaction


My mom, dad and sister were at her parents house so we got them little gifts for them to unwrap. It was a coffee cup on top of the "baby item." When they all took out their coffee cup, they looked at it with a strange look thinking that they waited this long to get the other part of their Christmas gift. It was my dad who actually figured out there was something below the mug. After he pulled out his little pair of shoes, my mom and sister quickly looked back into their bags. The first words I heard my dad say were "oh no." Very supportive, I know! They were all excited once the idea of becoming a grandparent/aunt soaked in.

Telling my parents and sister
Telling my parents and sister

What we gave my sister


What we gave my dad
What we gave my mom
My grandparents were home and eagerly waiting for another great-grandchild from us. Every time we saw them, they always asked us if there was a little one on the way. We surprised them with a picture frame and inside was the due date. Granted it took my grandma a minute to figure out what it was, but when she did, bless her heart. She was yipping and so excited. My grandfather finally heard what she was saying and jumped out of his chair in excitement. They were both so happy to get the news. And the due date was on her birthday.

My grandparents gift

My grandparents gift

Steven's grandma was at home and also, always kept asking if I was pregnant yet. Steven enjoys jokes and "connect the dot" gifts over just straight up types. So we got his grandma a blue porcelain bird, a pink one, and a little white one. She thought they were so adorable but didn't really understand what they were for. I handed her her picture frame with the due date and she finally was able to figure out what the birds were for. I guess it didn't really help that Steven told her that they were for her curio cabinet.

How we told Stevens Grandma

How we told Steven's Grandma

Steven's dad and sister were out and about so we met his dad at a restaurant while his sister was getting her hair done then met up with her right after. We got him a chalkboard that said "months" on the bottom. So in the middle we wrote "2." Only a few moments after he took the board out, he figured it out. He was so happy that he was gonna have another grand baby.

How we told Steven's father and sister

My grandma in California, we called and let her know. She was happy that we were having a baby and that my parents will have a grand baby.

My brother and sister-in-law were excited. We called them since they are back in California.

Steven's brother and sister-in-law were super excited that we are expecting and that their kids will have a cousin to play with now.

During the first trimester, I did not really experience much morning sickness. However, I did get the flu and have to go to the hospital because I was so sick.

We had the first ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and to determine how far along the baby measured. The ultrasound ended up showing the baby was not as far as they originally thought based on last menstrual cycle. They placed the due date at September 18, 2016, which was exactly 2 weeks later than before. I was a little sad because September 4 is both of my grandma's and dad's birthday. So the baby would be carrying on the tradition.

When we announced that we were expecting, we decided to go with a cute way rather than a pun type way. So, my mom came with us and took the pictures. We got the ones we wanted and did everything our way.


8 weeks
8 weeks

Announcement Photos
Announcement Photos
Announcement Photos
Announcement Photos
Announcement Photos

8 weeks
12 weeks
16 weeks
20 weeks
24 weeks
28 weeks
32 weeks
36 weeks

During the second trimester, there were a few bumps along the way. I had gotten sick twice more, one was an infection and the other not really sure. Still did not really have any morning sickness. We did however have a few exciting things going on during the second trimester.

Our ultrasound for the anatomy scan was April 21st. It was a bit hard to keep the gender a secret from everyone until the party that weekend. Everyone was asking and trying to get us to slip up and say if it was a boy or girl but we made it! Granted when we would discuss names, we only would think of boy names. We were both hoping for a boy.

On April 24th, we had our gender reveal party - It's A Boy! We had the party at our house for family and friends. The way we told everyone was a fun way that everyone could participate, party poppers! I was going to set my camera to take pictures but one of my friends told me that video taping would be better. So I figured out that with my camera I can take a video, pause it and turn it into a picture. Perfect! So I set the camera up and we videoed the whole thing. London was having a blast chasing the streamers as they floated down.

On May 4th, we were laying in bed and felt the baby move for the first time. It was a great feeling to feel the little bean inside me move.

As we hit the third trimester, I was not feeling super huge or much discomfort ... yet. Everyone told me summer would be terrible being pregnant, but it really was not that bad, even in Arizona. I still could go swimming and plus since its so hot here, people stay indoors anyway.

My amazing sister, Tori, had thrown Steven and I a baby shower at 32 weeks. Granted I was able to help with it a bit so it was not a surprise to me. In the middle of summer on July 24, we had the shower. Unfortunately, the swamp coolers/AC was not working properly at the clubhouse where it was held so it was a bit warm.  I was excited that some of my family and my best friend were able to make it out from California. We are grateful for everyone who came and showed their support for us and the baby. We had chosen the name of our son prior to the baby shower and had a little area for pictures with his name.

Yummy food, friends and family, and a lot of love and support was what made up the shower. We played a few games, hung out, ate and opened gifts (quite quickly if I must say so). All in all it was fund and we appreciate Tori for throwing the shower and all who were able to come celebrate this milestone in our life. I was grateful that my best friend, Kassey, my grandma who still resides in California, and my brother and his wife were able to come to Arizona for the shower.

Baby Shower
Baby Shower
Baby Shower
Baby Shower

My co-worker Sarah, had planned a baby shower for me at work on Aug 3rd. We had fun, played some games and had a potluck. It was really sweet of Sarah to arrange a shower for me at work and everyone to show their support. They are such an amazing team to work with it was so fun. And we even had a potluck. Found out that I liked mangos ... who knew!

July 30th and Aug 7th, we did our maternity pictures at the park. I had a ton of fun but I don't think I can say the same for Steven. He is not the most photogenic person.

August 21st, we finally got the whole nursery put together. Steven even painted a mural on the wall.

August was getting hard for me and I was constantly in pain. I had gotten an ultrasound for the pain and was in the hospital a few times for it as well. Nothing was wrong they always just said it was the baby in my rib cage.

As Sept 4th drew near, we still were wishing he would arrive this day, In which he did!

18 weeks
Gender Reveal Party - It's A BOY!!!

baby shower
maternity pictures
maternity pictures
the nursery
the nursery

36 week ultrasound
36 week ultrasound



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosella's Pregnancy

DIY Baby Food

Creamy Spaghetti: Recipe