Mr. & Mrs. Steven Singer - The Wedding


Our wedding was on March 1, 2014. With the days counting down and our wedding day almost here, there were still last minute things that must be done. The day before the wedding my friends and family started to come into town. We held the wedding rehearsal that afternoon and then the rehearsal dinner directly after at my parents house where friends and family gathered for dinner. It was really nice to be able to see my family, since I have not seen them in a while. As the night came closer, my soon to be husband headed back to our house and I stayed with my parents. Us girls did our nails, had some drinks and talked. It had been a little rainy that day and as I went to sleep, I prayed that it would stop raining. I could not sleep very well that night and Steven ended up calling me in the middle of the night since he could not sleep either. As the night went on, it kept on raining and I kept on checking the weather map.

Finally the morning came and I was able to get a little bit of sleep in, so I got up and went downstairs. I worried about the rain and picked at my chocolate muffin I saved for breakfast. Stephanie
came over and did my hair and make-up, helped the other girls get there's done. After we were all ready, the limo came, picked me and my bridal party up and we headed to Tempe Market Place for fun. Upon arrival back at home, my parents, grandparents, brother, bridesmaids/maid of honor, and significant others, all hopped in the limo and we headed to the venue. It was still raining and still I was nervous. After the limo dropped us off, it proceeded to pick up Stevens groomsmen/best man, Steven's father, the flower girl and significant others to bring them to the venue as well.

With all the stress that I endured during the wedding day, it is a little hard for me to recall some of the details from the wedding, but watching video and seeing photos from our wedding day helped to bring those memories back. With that being said, I stressed out about the rain, my guests seeing me prior to the wedding in my dress, something going wrong, and all that bride stress. I remember being in the bridal room and getting upset at everything and everyone that did not say or do something that I wanted or asked me a question when I asked them to do something. As the time drew near for the ceremony to start, there was a big mess on whether the wedding would stay outdoors or if it would be indoors due to the rain. At the last possible moment, the rain stopped and we were able to have a quick ceremony outside before it started to rain again. The ceremony was shortened so that It would not rain during the ceremony. I was amazed and I counted my blessings for the rain that stopped for just a short while so I could have my dream wedding.

After the ceremony, it was picture time. During the family/group photos it started to sprinkle. As for the bride and groom session, well it just rained the whole time. For all wo are wondering at this point, yes my dress was wet and since it was strapless, it left some nice size bruises on my rib cage from the weight. After the session, I grabbed my girls and my mommy and went into the bridal suite and had them help to dry my dress off.

For the reception, there was a lot of dancing and fun. We stayed in the "traditional" boundaries of the wedding with the cake cutting, bride groom first dance, father daughter dance, groom and grandmother, bouquet and garter tosses and money dance. I am glad we did what we did during the reception. During the reception I finally calmed down and was able to really stop stressing out over the rain since, well, we were inside and it was time to party. I kept getting pulled away and was on a tight schedule with all of the activities the bride and groom do. So at some points, it was hard to really enjoy myself like I wish I could have. When dinner came around, the chef served Steven and I our meals. Since it was chicken, I had a special made meal just for me, that I ended up spilling some of the sauce on my dress. In which, we were able to get out and everything was all better. My favorite activity we did was the "newly wed game" or as I call it the "show game". It is where you are sitting back to back, which one shoe form the bride and one from the groom in each hand, you are asked a question, and you raise the shoe to answer the question. It was funny to hear everyone laughing and then trying to figure out how each other answered the question.

All in all I would definitely classify it as my fairy tale wedding that every girl dreams of. I am blessed to have wonderful parents that would do anything to help their children out to make sure that they have a wonderful life. I am thankful to everyone who came out to support us and those who were supporting us that were there with us in spirit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosella's Pregnancy

DIY Baby Food

Creamy Spaghetti: Recipe