The Proposal

Prior to the proposal, we will start on Sunday March 10, 2013. On March 10, I was working at PetSmart in the early afternoon to mid evening. Steven was going out with his grandma to get some new clothes. My grandparents were out visiting from back home in California. After I got off work I was going over there to meet Steven and have dinner with my family. Steven was already at my parents house when I had arrived. Before I had arrived, Steven had purchased an engagement ring and asked my dad, mom, grandma and grandpa for my hand in marriage. My family is pretty traditional when it comes down to these things. Although, I found out after Steven proposed to me that my grandparents were expecting him to do it that night in front of my family, in which did not happen. I informed Steven when I got there that I had Wednesday off since he also had it off we planned on doing something. In his mind, he then planned the perfect proposal.

Wednesday March 13, 2013 comes and Steven decides to take me to the Phoenix Zoo. I had no idea that Steven was planning on proposing to me any time soon. As the day went on and we were getting ready to leave, Steven and I had decided to get one of the photographers to take our photo. So I get to test out the perfect place because, who am I kidding, I love being in front of the camera. So them it comes down to when Steven comes over and we are ready for our picture. I am facing the photographer and Steven is facing me. I tell him to turn, then it happens, he gets down on his knee. Because I am in shock of what is happening I do not remember most of what Steven said to me other than that he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. He asked me, and this I quote, "Melissa, will you marry me?" I only can quote it because, well lets face it, that is what most everyone says. I respond with "Yes!" He stands up and he gives me a kiss and he finally turns toward the camera and holds my hand out and we get a picture. We did end up ordering one photo from the zoo and posting it for everyone to see. 

To celebrate our engagement, we went to the jewelry store and had my ring sized but we did not send it in, though they did give me a thing to make the ring fit so I can show it off for a while. Then we went to my parents work and showed them and told them the story. After we went to lunch at Apple-bee's. Following that, we went back home for a bit them my sister called me up and said they were going to Hooter's right next to us if we wanted to join. Of course we go and I tell her the whole story not leaving one detail out. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosella's Pregnancy

DIY Baby Food

Creamy Spaghetti: Recipe