Disneyland 2020

As Steven and I approached our 6 year anniversary, we had plans and dreams of what we wanted to do. Maybe visit Hawaii, maybe hold up on some hotel without the kids? But naturally we decided to include the kids and make another trip to Disneyland.

The time we decided this was a few weeks before we planned on going. So mid February-ish. Just about when the covid-19 virus was breaking through the news. Slowly it picked up and I had doubts in my head about going. Disneyland is full of people from everywhere and Disney Paris and I think Hong Kong were closed. So I was timid. Time drew nearer and the covid-19 was everywhere in the news and what not. We booked our hotels, since we were unable to get all nights at the place we wanted, we booked two hotels from the 5th to the 8th. A few days before we left, covid-19 had cases many places. I had Steven call the hotel figuring people would have canceled so we should be able to get all nights at the majestic gardens hotel. So he did. And we did and even upgraded the room!

Thursday the 5th arrived and the kids went to preschool for the day. I had my neurology appointment for my migraines at 115. The plan was after my apt, go home, load the truck, get the kids and go. Simple right? I wish! Didn’t make it too far before they were done sitting in the car. I naturally got car sick trying to entertain them. We finally made it to the hotel and we were tired. And by we I mean Steven and I. We check in get to the room which seemed like a long walk. Got the room situated but the kids were full of energy. Up and down the stairs for the castle bunk beds, running and jumping, they were not having it. Time ticked on and it passed midnight. Neither kid was sleeping. That’s lovely. So I took Rosella out into the truck and drove her around for around half an hour. Steven stayed with Logan and they watched shows on his phone. At least he was settling down. Rosella FINALLY fell asleep about 1am and Logan was close to sleeping as well. I crawled into the bed with him and he finally fell asleep as well.

We didn’t sleep in the much, maybe until about 8am. We got ready and got the kids ready. Day 1 at Disneyland was good. I had a bit of a sore throat that morning but we got the kids ready got the bags packed and headed to the lobby to get on the shuttle that takes us to and from Disneyland. Like foreseen, the kids were anxious and not wanting to stand still and wait. After we arrived at Disneyland, we gt in pretty quick. There were not as many people there as we thought there would have been, but we are not complaining! We headed straight to the kids area where the Snow Whitee, Peter Pan, and thosw rides are. One was under construction but the ther few we were able t get on. Rosella was waiting for her brother on the Dumbo ride when she decided to run and falll. She kncked her head and caused quite a goose egg on it. Yep my clumsy children. Never a dull moment with those two. We went on a few of the "larger rides" like Pirates and both kids enjoyed it, thank the heavens! 

Half way through the day, we ended up taking a break and heading back to the hotel too let the kids nap. I of course took a nap as well because everyone knows I am down for a good nap! After naps, we headed back to the park to finish up the day. Small Work
ld kept the kids entertained quite well, Logan loved to call out all the characters he knew. We ended up getting a call from Steven's father saying they were coming out as well to surprise their grandkids. Steven's brother and his family were expected to arrive in the evening as well. So we got ready for bed as we were going to have a busy day in the morning!

Day 2 we had magic morning passes but with everything that went on yesterday, we just slept in and made it to the park when we woke up. The rest of the family had already made it to the park before us so when we got there, they were already on a ride. We all went on some rides together and hung out. We were able to see some characters and get some pictures ass well. Rosella was not too keen with the characters but Logan loved them! Rosella needed her nap so I ended up taking her back to the hotel for a few hours so she could get her nap in. Wen she finally went t sleep, I took my nap as well! Cause you know, I love a good nap. After we finally woke up, we headed back to the park. As we got off the bus, the family was headed back to the rooms, W finally were able to find the boys and wandered around the park again. Doing some rides here and there. Logan and Steven went on a Star Wars ride and Logan said her loved it! We really did not eat much that day, I had a bit of food and, to my amazement, denied a churro. For those who know me, I LOVE churros! But I was just not feeling pup to eat. My throat was a bit sore still and I brushed it off as climate change since AZ and CA are ttally different. For dinner, we got room service and I didnt eat. I felt sick. Rosella on the other hand threw up her dinner. So showers and bed time for the kids. She was warm and I was freezing. 

Day 3 came and went so dang slow! It was Sunday and we went to California Adventure. We rode two rides. It was busy and I felt terrible. Rosella was a bit lethargic at points but she seemed to be doing better. After the second ride, we ended up just leaving. We checked out of the hotel before we went to the park so we had the truck already ready to go. We figured that it would just be best to get food in Riverside where I knew where we were and away from the theme parks. I felt so sick I barely ate and was sick to my stomach. The drive home was long an drawn out. Steven needed to swap driving as he was growing more tired from the long busy weekend so I drove for a bit. The kids were not really thrilled with the long drive anyways but they were not too bad. 

Overall we had a ton of fun! Logan and Rosella got to spend time with their cousins and the family. Sad we were not feeling so well as the trip went on but thats life and it happens. I tried to not let it interfere with the days as a whole. I cannot wait until the kids are older and we can go again. I know I loved going to Disneyland when I was younger. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosella's Pregnancy

DIY Baby Food

Creamy Spaghetti: Recipe